well pressure switch

Users who are viewing this thread

billc

Reaction score
Could someone please give me direction on wiring a Square D Pumptrol pressure switch? I have a Goulds 3 wire submersible pump connected to the Franklin motor control box. It is using submersible cable with green, yellow, black and red connectors. From there I need to wire to the pressure switch and then on to the panel box. I am not sure what color wires connect on to each lug in the pressure switch. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Bill

Speedbump

Reaction score
You should only have two wires and a ground coming from the control box (Franklin). The color isn't important except for the green one (ground). The other two should go to the inside two screws of the Square D Switch labeled load. The outside two are the Line screws and they would accept the wires from the breaker.

bob...

billc

Reaction score
Thanks Bob. After the pressure going back to the panel, is it correct that I won't have a neutral wire? Thanks

Bill

Speedbump

Reaction score
The neutral wire is only used for 115 volt. So if you have a control box you are using 230 volt and a neutral wouldn't be needed unless you were wanting some else to operate off one of the 115 volt lines to neutral to make up the 115 volt circuit. Like a water softener, pipe heater etc.

bob...

neili

sales of irrigation, pumps, water wells
Reaction score
Website
www.agriindustries.com
you should run the power wires directly from the breaker to the pressure switch and then into the franklin box. you should not interupt any power once the voltage has entered the franklin box.

dmkratch

Reaction score
Does it matter which wire you connect to L-1 & L-2 on a 115 volt controler and switch? Black L-1 and White L-2

genel

Reaction score
It does not matter which wire hooks to L1 and which to L2. The two hot wires are basically the same.

The switch is a double throw switch (switches both lines at the same time). When the switch is closed it should connect one supply wire to the control box red the other to the control box black. It does not matter which goes to which.

BTW: technically, if you use the white wire in two conductor cable to be one of the supply conductors you are supposed to mark each end with something a color other than white or green. (Most times a wrap of black tape is used.)