Help. Moving Well Pressure Tank and Switch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Koches

Reaction score
Greetings,

Due to a bad bladder, I am installing a new pressure tank (Amtrol WX-202) and taking the opportunity to relocate it from the well pit outside to inside the basement.

Knowing that the pressure switch should be as close to the tank as possible and most commonly placed on a top port of the tee assembly, I do not understand how to properly move the new switch inside because the current switch is attached to the well pump (Goulds J5S) and is fed from just 1 wire which is connected into a box (junction?) containing a wire that runs to the electric panel inside the house.

Please see picture and let me know your thoughts.

Thanks in advance.

Brian
IMG_1418.jpeg

Last edited:

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
A wX202 only holds 5 gallons of water. The old tank went bad from cycling on/off for every 5 gallons used, which broke the diaphragm. You should add a Cycle Stop Valve to solve the cycling problem while you are at it. You can just add another pressure switch to the tank cross and wire around the existing switch on the motor. You can see how to wire around the existing switch from the wiring diagram for "jet pumps" in our PK1A instructions.

PK1A jet pump with foot valve.jpg

wiring diagram.jpg

Koches

Reaction score
Update:

After adding new switch (40/60) at tank cross and wiring around the old switch (30/50) on jet pump, I noticed the pump continuously runs even without a call for water. Any idea what could be going on?

Thank you in advance.
A wX202 only holds 5 gallons of water. The old tank went bad from cycling on/off for every 5 gallons used, which broke the diaphragm. You should add a Cycle Stop Valve to solve the cycling problem while you are at it. You can just add another pressure switch to the tank cross and wire around the existing switch on the motor. You can see how to wire around the existing switch from the wiring diagram for "jet pumps" in our PK1A instructions.

View attachment 94895

View attachment 94894

Reach4

Reaction score
Update:

After adding new switch (40/60) at tank cross and wiring around the old switch (30/50) on jet pump, I noticed the pump continuously runs even without a call for water. Any idea what could be going on?
When the pump runs, what does the pressure gauge indicate?

When the pump is off and you are not using water, what does the pressure gauge indicate?

When the pump is off, what does the pressure gauge indicate if you open a faucet?

What do you mean by "call for water"?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks