Timer Installation

Users who are viewing this thread

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
That is why I was wanting a wiring diagram as I don't know how to bypass a two pole pressure switch with a single pole timer without using an additional relay. Maybe someone else does if it is possible? Do you have Wifi at that location?

CommanderDave

Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I kinda thought too. I did see a configuration like this, but again how to also make the pressure switch connection. What about just installing another contactor? Unfortunately I do not have Wi-Fi at the location but wish I did.
1710359933361.jpeg

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
How about using a mechanical Tork brand timer like on a pool pump? It is two pole, will handle the amps of the motor, and it installed on the incoming power line, not the pressure switch wires. As long as you leave the hydrant open the pressure switch will be engaged. Then the Tork timer just powers the pump on and off according to your setting. I think those timers also have a way to just manually turn the pump on, bypassing the timer, for times when you need the pressure switch to work.

CommanderDave

Reaction score
I will look into that. Also what about something like this that's digital, I'm assuming it's two pole. I could wire it direct to L1 and L2 in the well control panel?

Fitter30

Reaction score
Did you look at post 4. Has a timer, a bypass and a pressure switch. Easy turn by pass on , timers off. Pump runs. Turn timer on by pass off, pump runs. Turn timer and by pass off pump runs on pressure switch.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
I will look into that. Also what about something like this that's digital, I'm assuming it's two pole. I could wire it direct to L1 and L2 in the well control panel?
That 40 amp timer can go on L1 and L2 giving power to the pump. Probably just put the timer prior to the pressure switch instead of bypassing the pressure switch. That way even with the timer on, the hydrant must be open and the pressure low enough for the pressure switch to start the pump. This way if someone inadvertently closes the hydrant with the timer on, the pressure switch will just turn the pump off.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks