Well Pressure Help

Users who are viewing this thread

Efrain

Reaction score
For those that may have not been following my previous post.
i am in bit of a pickle and need some advice.

flash forward to recent events:
i have a 405 ft 6" deep well with tag stating a yield of 1 gpm ...
20 gallon pressure tank with an original 40/60 pressure setup

Two months ago.... we got our pool liner replaced and the guys doing it decided it was a good idea to start filling the pool up with the house water and not wait for the water truck i ordered... pressure went down and pump was not able to reach the 60psi cutoff point... ... however the water truck guy was nice enough to fill the well back up with about 350 gallons of water and that fixed it.

now flash forward to today:
we had a lot of people/ relatives over the weekend and all of them were from "city water background" :) so conserving water was not at the top of their priorities , pressure is back down and well cannot reach pressure to cutoff ...
so i set the system up for a 20/40 setup and while it does take a longer time ~5 minutes to reach 40psi , pump is able to reach that pressure...... i assume i will have to keep it this way until well recovers (any idea how long that will take?)

water looks clean so i don't believe well is completely dry . also there is decent pressure at the well faucet.

I have a theory that i want to run by all of you experts.....

i believe that i either need to run my well deeper (i dont know how exactly how deep it is but from the time the water truck guy filled it and it took ~350 gallons to fill it might be deeper than 240ft based on a volume calculation.
or could it be that i need a stronger pump (dont know what is in there now) as from what i recall each foot of water depth is equal to around 0.43psi and that is some how assisting the head required to pump that water up the well.....and when that goes low the pump can pump and reach that pressure... right?? , or feel free to let me know that i am completely wrong.

any input is appreciated everyone.

Fitter30

Reaction score
405' = 175.32 lbs or head then add how many feet of pipe from well head to house. At 1 gpm don't use have a storage tank of at least 200 gallons and another house pump?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks