Water line type

Users who are viewing this thread

Quittx

Reaction score
I have a well @ 52 psi running 650’ with a 6’ rise . The shop has 24 equivalent faucets and the house has 54 per the chart. To reduce friction I was going to use a 2” line instead of a 1.5” line. I know it’s more money. Question: what is the pipe. I see some use some schedule #11 pipe of some kind and others use some blue PEX. I just need to not make connections underground or as little as possible. Had three well guys and two plumbers and no consensus

question 2: my well is 304’. Most wells in the area are 700’. My neighbor is at 120’ but has some sand. When I fill my utility sink and let slowly drain, I see some grit nut the water is crystal clear and pumps 20 gal/ min. If I keep using this well is it going to cause issues before the filter

Reach4

Reaction score
PEX is much more expensive. SIDR polyethylene pipe would be the choice IMO. Also, SIDR is larger for a given nominal size than PEX.

Do not pull the pipe tight in the trench. Snake it. Allow for thermal contraction. I expect you will splice the pipe with barbed fittings. You could add a yard hydrant if that would be useful to you.

I presume your pressure switch and pressure tank are by the well. Why not turn up the pressure up? Normally people talk of well pump pressure with two numbers, such as 40/60 psi (cut-on/cut-off).

Having the pressure tank and pressure switch at the house would give better pressure control at the house, but then you would need to run wires out to a box that controls the pump at the well.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks