cracked waste line, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

DIYNero

Reaction score
So i am fixing up a lovely old house. tons of secrets behind every wall, lots of fun. The basement has serious water problems, which i have been addressing through grading, downspout engineering, and will at some point do some serious external drainage. This has been mostly successful, but there is one spot though where water continues to seep in. I originally suspected it was a leak on the supply line, but ive tested that twice, no leak. I wonder if the white water is tp, and i instead have a crack on the cast iron drain line. I havent been using the plumbing though, and the water has not really stopped. its very slow, but consistent. we had a few weeks without rain and it would still leak.

bonus question- this house was built in 1905, and at some point the basement was dug down and the walls sloped to support the original foundation. this crack is in one of the sloped walls. i had the utility lines marked for planning for my drainage digging, and if the drain continues from the exterior markings for the waste line, it would run almost immediately adjacent to this wall. Can i dig from the interior? this is assuming a 2 foot hole or so.

Any advice or insights welcome, thanks in advance.

edit:got it

Attachments

• white water basement-min.jpg
    white water basement-min.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

DIYNero

Reaction score
woops thought i did. unfortunately, the picture i took is too big a file for the server. the one i shrunk was as well. will try to figure

edit: any clue what size that is or how to do it? its just a camera phone.

edit edit - got it just needed to resize

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks