Utility sink/water softener discharge.

Users who are viewing this thread

crtbilly

Reaction score
Hello all,

I wanted to move a utility sink in my basement to a new location. Attached is the picture of the pipe i would tie into. It currently services a kitchen sink and a dishwasher and is vented at the sink to the roof. I was planning on using an AAV but not 100% sure it is necessary if i do like the image below.

Should i also put a cleanout in this line or is that also unnecessary.

upload_sink.jpg

1694452479928.png

Reach4

Reaction score
Non-Baltimore MD is IPC. Yes, you need an AAV for this project. Will you also be adding a standpipe, or just have the laundry sink?

I don't know if a cleanout is required, but it will be a good idea.

crtbilly

Reaction score
Thanks Reach! I really appreciate you taking the time.

I do plan on adding a standpipe. I have a water softener and a condensation pipe from a hot water heater. Was gonna do it just like its picture above plus the AAV.

oh, not sure if you saw in my drawing the red line i drew? Sorry for the horrible picture. That was supposed to be a vent stack, but i guess it would have to run all the way back to the main vent?

So if I run the AVV, I don't have to worry any other venting.

1694477643059.png

Reach4

Reaction score
I saw the red line, but it is not what you are going to do. To run a vent from above, you would have to tap in 6 inches above the flood level of fixtures in the kitchen.

Instead you will run an AAV. There are two 2-inch santees-- one on its back below the AAV.

Attachments

• img_1.png
    img_1.png
    73.8 KB · Views: 77

Reach4

Reaction score
Also, either santee can be a combo. I also did not put in a cleanout. That could be a wye above the drain fitting, or could be a 2-way cleanout, etc. The blockage under a kitchen usually happens below the basement floor, where the flow transitions from vertical to horizontal. A cleanout to let you run a snake there would be good.

crtbilly

Reaction score
Could I use something like this?
p417-338-3.jpg

3" PVC DWV Sanitary Tee w/ 2"Right Side Inlet​

plastic-nibco-pvc-fittings-c4816hd3-64_100.jpg

PVC DWV Spigot x FIPT Cleanout Adaptor with Plug​

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks