Tying drain into old disused vent vs just use AAV

Users who are viewing this thread

Sokolq55

Reaction score
Hello all! Kitchen sink is draining poorly. Flippers bypassed old sink vent. Can you advise on whether and also how:

1) Should I just put in an AAV coming off of the end of the P trap as in picture below (what adaptor would work here? Some sort of a T?) OR

2) Tie the existing drain into the old vent that is one joist bay over. How exactly would you make this tie in properly in terms of adaptors and pitch/height?

3) And last, is the way the existing drain is done under the sink proper in terms of the connected double P-trap contraption or should it be redone and how?

Thank you!

PS - pictures won't attach for some reason?

Reach4

Reaction score
Bad venting alone will not keep a drain from draining. There could be an exception for a septic tank. I am not sure. Venting can sometimes work around a drain line problem.

So get a drain cleaning person in. The kitchen sink often clogs where the flow turns from vertical to horizontal.

Basement? Is the sink under a window?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks