Sewage back up, no venting?

Users who are viewing this thread

Snickxrs

Reaction score
Hello, I am new to this forum and know very little with plumbing besides some family knowledge and youtube. I am having a issue with water draining properly. I noticed the house I bought does not have a Vent / no AAV's in sight either.

The issue I am running into is overflow, this starts if the tub is draining and the toilet is flushed at the same time.. It can also happen if the dishwasher / sink is running as well.. Sinks also gurgle when flushed or any other drainage. No issues when one appliance is used at a time.

I have looked up and down for any venting and cant locate anywhere. My idea is to rip the bathroom wall out, tie a vent onto the toilet and shoot it out the roof and then put a AAV in for the Kitchen sink, would this work?

Note that I snaked roughly 100ft of the main sewer pipe and found no obstruction / roots, neighbors are not having issues.
Attached is my poor diagram of how things are laid out in the crawl space. Single story house.

Attachments

• Plumbing layout.png
    Plumbing layout.png
    37.3 KB · Views: 74
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks