Toto tank in wall not flushable with push plate on, but works fine without push plate?

Users who are viewing this thread

Mnoone

Reaction score
I just installed a Toto wall hung tank in wall toilet. Full list of parts I used:

Toto CT426CFGT40#01 AP toilet bowl
Toto SW3046AT40#01 S500E washlet
Toto THU805 valve for washlet
Toto WT173M tank in wall carrier
Toto YT930#WH white push plate

This is my first tank in wall toilet - so I may have done something stupid. When the push plate is not installed I can push the nubs that stick out and it flushes just fine. But if I install the push plate it stops working. Specifically - I can no longer press in the buttons. I attached a photo that shows how far in I can press the button when it is installed. I cannot seem to see what is blocking the buttons. Anybody run into this before? I feel like there's something obvious but I'm missing it.

Mnoone

Reaction score
Trying this again, attachments don't seem to be going through.

edit I'll try to reattach photos tomorrow - not working right now :(

Mnoone

Reaction score
OK I figured out the issue. The actuator rods (the two little knubs that the the push plate buttons push) needed to be shortened by an inch. They were both almost touching the back of the tank. As soon as I shortened them by an inch everything worked. I don't really get why it would work OK when the push plate was not installed, but whatever. This became super clear when I left the actuator rods installed but removed all the various plates (button push plate, guide plate, and the plate with all the drawings on it) - with those gone you could see the ends of the rods at the very back of the tank.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks