Questions regarding installing AP toilet buttons

Users who are viewing this thread

Mnoone

Reaction score
I'm installing a Toto AP toilet and am working on the wall plate. Two questions:

1. The screws to attach the inner plate seem much too long to me. However the instructions don't say anything about shortening them, so I'm a bit nervous about clipping them. Can somebody confirm they should be shortened? Also best method? Band saw maybe?

2. Is the finished button plate supposed to sit how I show it in the picture? Or is it supposed to be recessed into the wall more than it currently is? As in - should I be expanding the whole in the drywall a bit so that that little 1/8" that is currently sitting on the drywall can sit flush?

Attachments

• PXL_20230612_162026419.jpg
    PXL_20230612_162026419.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 77
  • PXL_20230612_161936672.jpg
    PXL_20230612_161936672.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 74

Reach4

Reaction score
Not knowing what a Toto AP toilet was, I found

What struck me is the "DYNAMAX". That is bad in regular Toto toilets, and those do not have a siphon jet. Thus they flush badly. They are to be avoided.

Does your bowl have a siphon jet (hole under water on the opposite side of the exit)?

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
It would help to have brands and exact model numbers of the items you're working with.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Its odd that they don't provide any instructions with it. I can't find them online either. And that is the only Toto item I'm missing in my showroom is the wall hung. I sent an email to Toto to see if they have instructions that they can provide.

Not that it matters, but I had a warranty call for Toto that I ended up replacing their wall hung with rim jets that kept dripping after a flush and causing staining. We installed the AP with Dynamax Tornado flush and the customer sent me a note later saying they really liked the improvement.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks