Toto E-Max Cyclone not filling after reassembling fill valve

Users who are viewing this thread

Jay Ell

Reaction score
My Toto toilet was constantly filling slowly throughout the day. Replaced the flapper but it continued to run so I decided to try and flush out the fill valve and clean out the strainer. It's an E-Max Cyclone Type A fill valve.

I took it apart, rinsed each piece, and reassembled it but now no water fills the tank. When I remove the white piece in the photo, water shoots out of the top just fine. However, once I put the white piece back on, no flow comes out. There's only one way to put the white piece back on so I don't know why it would be blocking the flow. Fill tube has been checked and has no blockages.

Would anyone have any ideas how to fix this? Thanks in advance.

20221206_225346.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Reach4

Reaction score
Turn off the water with the stop valve at the wall. What level does the water stop dropping. 3/8, or less. below the top of the overflow tube is one possibility. In that case, you would adjust the fill valve to shut off sooner. At the flapper level is another possibility. And below that is another possibility.

I am not sure if your complaint is the phantom flushing/running, or if the tank is slow to refill after a flush, or both.

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I have not tried a repair on that fill valve. I normally replace them with the Korky 528T fill valve.

korky-toto-white-box-600.jpg

318560045_10227390559883981_1675961301424348144_n.jpg

North Cascades 2002

oahu-gates-1.jpg

Waikiki 2013

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks