Jacuzzi toilet fills super fast, but replaced flush valve, now slow! model y 415

Users who are viewing this thread

Jackie1

Reaction score
I have a Jacuzzi toilet from 2005 that is awesome and fills super fast! Model Y 415. It has the old style float ball on it. The main issue is, after it fills, it still runs a little and no matter how I adjust it, it will work for a while, then go back to slightly running, so I think the valve is worn as it's older.

Now, I replaced flush valve, with the newer style without the ball from Home depot, a well known brand replacement and it take 3 times longer to fill. All these new ones are labeled quiet flow, etc, etc which I don't care about. I liked how fast the old one filled so I put it back on and I'm dealing with the slight running.

Why is this? I'll admit, with the factory one it's kinda loud when filling, but it fills SUPER FAST and I want it to stay fast with a new valve. Any ideas? Can I still buy this same exact valve with the green top? Says made in Colombia.

index.php

Yes, I also have the kohler-touchless-flushing-retrofit kit, which they say won't work with ball stylw which is false, It does work and the ball doesn't hit it when it refills :)

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I'm sure you could find a replacement Ballcock to replace the factory one. I've never researched fill rates but its likely that the old one was some leftover stuff from 3.5 gallon flushing toilets. New toilets are only replacing 0.8 to 1.6 gallons, so a fast fill isn't as important.

also.. what is that Kohler gizmo?

Jackie1

Reaction score
I love how FAST this thing fills. Literally it fills in 15 seconds. I bought replacement at home depot and it took forever so temporarily fixed the current one. How can I find one as fast as this one?

The Kohler is an automatic flush, so you just wave your hand over the top and no handle needed.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
i think some of the fluid masters have a flow restrictor pressed into the bottom of the valve where supply line goes on. the one thing that restrictor does thats positive is it also reduces water hammer and quieter

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks