Toto Carrollton 13" rough-in

Users who are viewing this thread

Juliecongleton

Reaction score
Howdy...Happy Easter. Trying to install a Toto Carrollton today and I am unused to the Uniflange:( I have another Toto that did not use that piece. So I need to order one, but my rough-in dimension is 13" .... I cannot get my photo to upload ... too big:(. I don't know how to make it smaller. Thanks! Is the flange available anywhere but online, if anyone knows:( sorry to ask.

cst774s-01.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Carrolton comes with a 12" Unift. Is this a second hand toilet without the Unift?

flange_03.jpg

They also make them in 10" and 14"

unifit_choice.jpg

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
What I did:
Initially, using the bolt method, I thought I had a 13-7/16 rough.

showed what I did... my rough was closer to 13 inches.

It turned out that my rough was less than I initially thought based on external bolt measurements. The bolts were not in long slots which would have provided some easy adjustability; they were in side slots. The bolts were not the exact same distance to the wall.

has marked-up unifit photo showing the concept. The drywall screws (green arrows) would not have been necessary. I do overkill at times.

Juliecongleton

Reaction score
The Carrolton comes with a 12" Unift. Is this a second hand toilet without the Unift?

flange_03.jpg

They also make them in 10" and 14"

unifit_choice.jpg
HI, and thanks. I am taking this Carrollton to the dump or Restore. I don't like it. I just don't like the look of it. It is super big to look at and not my cup of tea. Thanks for the help.

Juliecongleton

Reaction score
UPDATE: My plumber showed up:) All I could buy locally was an Entrada for $205 on the coast of Carolina....it looks so tiny with it's baby-sized water tank. Had to go back to store because there was no lid to tank in box:( Plumbing store gave him the tank lid off their display. The plumbing store told me it took them 13 months to get these Toto toilets in....I am not thrilled at all with how it looks. Now I am trying to find the bidet that will fit it.. do we have a chart for that? According to the charts on the TOTO page, none of their bidets are designed for the Entrada. The plumber said if I order a Drake, get the one-piece and he will buy this toilet off me for one of his rentals....so the question is to keep the Entrada and find the bidet or change to the Drake? Honestly, I will keep this one if it works. And it seems to be fine. The plumber says it is water reducing tank? From looking online, any seat elongated bidet will fit....I am not usually lazy, am I over-thinking this? Will they all fit, I just need to worry about it resting flush to the bowl? Thanks in advance! Just if someone else has already figured it out.....

cst244ef_zoom.jpg

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
There are two bowl sizes you can get, round and elongated.
An elongated bowl will take an elongated bidet seat. If you intend to order a Connect Washlet from TOTO, with the lines going through a hole in the bowl, then you need a Connect bowl to match. Most any bidet seat you get though doesn't have that though.
So if you pick up something at HD or Costco, more than likely it's the standard bidet seat that fits and elongated bowl.

Standard bidet seat? Or the Connect Washlet?

Juliecongleton

Reaction score
There are two bowl sizes you can get, round and elongated.
An elongated bowl will take an elongated bidet seat. If you intend to order a Connect Washlet from TOTO, with the lines going through a hole in the bowl, then you need a Connect bowl to match. Most any bidet seat you get though doesn't have that though.
So if you pick up something at HD or Costco, more than likely it's the standard bidet seat that fits and elongated bowl.

Standard bidet seat? Or the Connect Washlet?
Hi....so, as far as I can tell -- from looking at the toilet and the schematics -- there is no hole in the Entrada to thread the connect system through.....so now what? Unsightly wires is the only problem? thanks!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Hi....so, as far as I can tell -- from looking at the toilet and the schematics -- there is no hole in the Entrada to thread the connect system through.....so now what? Unsightly wires is the only problem? thanks!
Yes, the Entrada is not a connect bowl. Never has been.
But the question is, what seat are you thinking of buying?

Juliecongleton

Reaction score
The answer is filled with questions, I am just trying to get to the end result. so I should not buy the toto wash let connect since I don't have a hole for the wires, right? But I can buy a washlet elongated and it will fit but the wires will be exposed; is that correct? Looks from reading that a Toto Wash let has pre-spray technology that keeps things inside the bowl clean and competitors do not offer that system; therefore that is a feature I should consider...but the "connect" feature is not happening unless I replace this toilet. Wish I had known. The plumber knew that I wanted both pieces: toilet+bidet system. I have one on my potty now, but I wanted to upgrade to a nicer one...also, my power is on the right side, facing the toilet.....and I have to figure that out, too....so do I have all this right in my head; do you think?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The cord is long enough to reach an outlet on the right side looking at it. Maximum length: 3.94 ft/120 cm, 3 prong grounded plug

The premist is on most of the TOTO Washlet bidet seats. And yes, it's a nice feature. Even their C100 Washlet has the premist.

The Entrada does not have a Connect hole, nor does it have the better bowl finish that stays cleaner. Some of the TOTO products have the CEFIONTECT® Ceramic Glaze. If they do, it will have the letter G in the product number.
The newest Ultramax II MS604124CEFG#01 has the glaze and the Connect hole. Also the SS124 seat that covers the hole if you haven't bought a Washlet yet. For my customers, if they don't want the seat in the box, I restock the seat and credit them.

Don't blame the plumber, most are good at installing pipes and fixtures, but don't spend time on websites looking at options. That's normally for the designer showrooms to do. I happen to be weird that way. I read everything from an early age, and was made fun of for that reason too. It was my nerd older brothers that suggested in 1996 that I had a website, and I laughed at the notion when they first mentioned it. Why would a plumber have a web site. I was an installer, not an office person.
My brother James has an office in Washington DC, and Geneva Switzerland. You may have seen him from time to time on television giving advice to congress on the subjects he is involved in. George W Bush heavily invested tax payer funds for the Africa crisis that my brother had worked on. There were some millions of people there that were saved.

In don't think seeing the cords is a deal breaker. It would have been nice to have the better bowl finish. I'm selling more the new Drake 2021 for that reason now. CST776CEFG in the elongated. I don't see that with the Connect though.

mw6042034cefg.jpg

Ultramax with the C100 Washlet with premist.

Juliecongleton

Reaction score
Terry, is your website to look at products down? I cannot get to your page to check pricing and availability for the Ultramax II MS604124CEFG#01 with the C100 Washlet...and the one piece Drake with C100....(.I get to some info but not to products).....I am in N.C. that's a long way from you....Julie

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The shopping cart needs to be rebuilt. I can't ship toilets though, they break when dropped. Local is the best way on those things.
The cart did work out well for my Seattle customers though. I do need to get that going again.

Juliecongleton

Reaction score
The shopping cart needs to be rebuilt. I can't ship toilets though, they break when dropped. Local is the best way on those things.
The cart did work out well for my Seattle customers though. I do need to get that going again.
Okay. Got it:) Thanks so much! LOL! UltraMax II one piece or Drake two piece, right??? Those seem to be the two choices? Now I have to figure out from there?

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks