Single to double bathroom plumbing

Users who are viewing this thread

Kenzie133

Reaction score
Hello!

You guys helped so much when I did my kitchen sink. I’m back for help with my upstairs bathroom. It was originally a single sink and I want to convert it to a double. The for picture is the original plumbing. The second picture is what I was planning on doing. The third picture is also what I thought I needed but I’m not sure.

Attachments

• IMG_2678.jpeg
    IMG_2678.jpeg
    72.2 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_2679.jpeg
    IMG_2679.jpeg
    63.6 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_2680.jpeg
    IMG_2680.jpeg
    63.9 KB · Views: 66

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score

Kenzie133

Reaction score
Either 2 or 3 works. In 2, the new fitting should be a 2x1-1/2x1-1/2x1-1/2 double fixture fitting, e.g.

3 looks tight as far as stacking all the fittings without moving the cleanout down or the existing san-tee up.

To connect the new work into the stack between fixed ends, use (2) banded rubber couplings, e.g. Fernco Proflex or Mission Rubber BandSeal.

Cheers, Wayne
Thank you! That’s the exact piece I was looking for but kept coming across, 2x2x1-1/2-1-1/2.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks