Single to Double Vanity Plumbing

Users who are viewing this thread

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
not super critical to get exactly 1/4 per ft you can get called if its a little flat and running like 1/2 inch per foot isnt good either if the arm has more than a pipe diametor of fall inspector could fail it .
I dont usualy bother but if you have a lot of studs to drill Ill measure off the floor at 2 places and snap a chalk line or put a long level against the wall and mark center of holes with pencil then use a square to transfer the mark to the side of studs

Nav360

Reaction score
Finally got around to finish the drain plumbing! Added in some stud shoes since I had to bore some holes through to run the pipe. Next on the list is getting the PEX to copper stub outs, and electrical finished! Oh if anyone is curious about the excessive primer it's because my brush broke at the worst time.....

Getting the correct slope was easier than I expected using a digital level, also tilted back the quarter bend fittings slightly.

IMG_3081 (Large).jpg

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
Finally got around to finish the drain plumbing!
Looks good! How'd you get the vertical stack glued up without any banded rubber couplings? Does the vent hit a 90 above the wall plate, with a run through a joist bay, allowing you to temporarily lift the whole vent pipe as required for the joint makeup?

I don't know if anyone else does this, but when use PVC pressure pipe for condensate drain, for 90s I use two 45s to give a more gradual sweep. They do actually make a long sweep pressure 90, those are harder to get.

Cheers, Wayne

Nav360

Reaction score
Looks good! How'd you get the vertical stack glued up without any banded rubber couplings? Does the vent hit a 90 above the wall plate, with a run through a joist bay, allowing you to temporarily lift the whole vent pipe as required for the joint makeup?

I don't know if anyone else does this, but when use PVC pressure pipe for condensate drain, for 90s I use two 45s to give a more gradual sweep. They do actually make a long sweep pressure 90, those are harder to get.

Cheers, Wayne
Yep, the vent had some play from above so I was able to lift it a couple inches to get it glued in. I was debating between the 45, and 90 on the condensate drain but the 90 gave me the perfect height. It didn't even cross my mind to glue two 45's lol.

I still need to locate a hose that has the perfect inside diameter to go over 3/4 PVC. The current hose won't budge anymore to get a proper fit, even tried heating it up to see if that would help but no luck,

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
I still need to locate a hose that has the perfect inside diameter to go over 3/4 PVC. The current hose won't budge anymore to get a proper fit, even tried heating it up to see if that would help but no luck,
Glue in a barbed fitting designed to accept a hose of a specific ID; presumably your tailpiece wye adapter has a barbed fitting for a particular ID hose, so match it. Optionally redo the 90 while you are at it.

Cheers, Wayne

Nav360

Reaction score
Glue in a barbed fitting designed to accept a hose of a specific ID; presumably your tailpiece wye adapter has a barbed fitting for a particular ID hose, so match it. Optionally redo the 90 while you are at it.

Cheers, Wayne
I originally planned on using a barb fitting, but couldn't find one locally at all near me. I'll check around again

Nav360

Reaction score
@wwhitney Plan fixing the 90 today, but curious did you mean replace the 90 with two 45's or leave the 90, and use two 45's to give it an angle at the end?

Nav360

Reaction score
PEX plumbing done! I had to split the 1/2" PEX to both sinks if I had the option I would've ran new 3/4". Just need to do some blocking between the studs, and I should be ready for drywall. I plan on adding additional fire block foam to the top plate to seal those penetrations, but was curious if it's ok to add standard expanding foam to the holes in the studs where the PVC, and PEX runs through.

IMG_3083 (Large).jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks