Rough, plumbing, a bathroom edition

Users who are viewing this thread

Handy Joe

Reaction score
Hi all, I’m trying to help a friend do a plumbing job adding a new bathroom addition that will back up to a kitchen. I will enclose a couple pictures..
The main question is, we are adding a laundry, washer machine drain on the second floor so we need to put a vent stack up on that wall which would be the south wall and everything needs to drain out the north wall.
We are tying the drain for the new addition into an old bathroom toilet that was plumbed 3 inches into a 4 inch main drain with vent stack right behind it.
The question is, how do I vent everything to tie in for the new washing machine drain?

Note: the original owner had put in a raised floor on a concrete basement slab that is up 9 inches off the floor I guess he didn’t want to bust out Concrete.

My drawings are not very good, but this is what I’m dealing with. Should I run a 3 inch main drain line all the way through the system up the vent stack and then tie the washing machine 2 inch line on the second floor, dropped down and pick up the shower 2 inch the toilet 3 inch and then a inch and a half sink vanity and then out to the drain.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Tie the 2 inch laundry room pipe into the 3 inch downstream of the toilet. BTW no images or drawings are showing up

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks