Additional drain & vent for bath vanity

Users who are viewing this thread

Jimmyc11

Reaction score
20240320_155401.jpg

Hello all. So sorry to hear of Terry's passing. My deepest sympathy. Longtime lurker and I've found Terry's advice to be very helpful on past projects. Up to now I've been able to find answers through searching the forums. But, for this project I want to be sure I get it right and I couldn't find an exact scenario like mine.
Previous owners had installed a 60" double sink vanity where there had been a single sink. Instead of plumbing it properly, they simply teed off the 45° inlet at the wall (glued fitting I might add) and then with a series of elbows ran a section of pipe through the cabinet to the second sink. While this worked, I don't feel that the second sink was vented correctly. I would like to plumb this correctly off the original drain and vent to accommodate the second sink. All piping currently is 1-1/2". I can cut into the wall if needed (branch arm to the vent pipe?) and I have access to plumbing in crawlspace. TIA

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks