Savoy stems.Need Help. Unusual Valve Stem Nut

Users who are viewing this thread

Boskru

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I've browsed off and on for a while but first time posting a question on here. I have an older (1965) house I use as a rental. I just renovated most of it this past summer. The shower was fine so I didn't touch it. I just got a call from the tenant that the cold water faucet was leaking in the bathtub.

I went today to take a look and replace the valve washer. When I removed the handle and shrouds I found something unusual. The valve stem isn't Hex shaped. It is flat on 2 sides and round on the ends. I'll post a picture so you can see what I mean. There is no other nut or fitting before it connects to the valve body. I cannot find any sort of tool for this and I'm really not wanting to open the wall just to replace some washers.

Does anybody know anything about this kind of fitting or where I could find the tool to remove it?

Thanks,

Tim

Attachments

• IMG_1888.JPG
    IMG_1888.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG_1889.JPG
    IMG_1889.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 286

Boskru

Reaction score
Wow, that was super quick. Thanks @themp for the help. I've been searching for hours. Ordered the tool so I won't have this problem again.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks