Proposed Bathroom plumbing layout

Users who are viewing this thread

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
I just skimmed this post, but stacking santees creates a vertical wet vent. Which means (depending on your specific code) you'd need to upsize everything from the vertical wet vent on down to three inch. Unless the tub is on top which it looks to be in these drawings. Just beware for stacked tees the tub needs to stay on top generally. Canadian code being based on hydraulic load which gets converted to units adds some complication to figuring this out.

Joseph

Reaction score
Thanks John, Looks like I have room between the Joists so I drew up this other configuration. Here I show the Tub drain connected to the wet vent from the Sink using a Y fitting. With a trap arm length less than 6' I'm able to maintain grade using 1.5" pipe. Also, wondering if it matters much that the W/C drain connection to the SOW stack is not the lowest point ? If I'm able to swap it around to the lowest point would it make things easier or better ? Just thinking now that perhaps it would be worth the effort to just vent the shower individually and connect the vent to the vent branch in the attic (shown is second figure ).. BTW sorry for all the different version drawings but for me this really helps convey what I'm thinking since I don't know terminology that well.

Attachments

• TubDrain_to_wet_vent.PNG
    TubDrain_to_wet_vent.PNG
    107 KB · Views: 27
  • InidivdualShwr_vent.PNG
    InidivdualShwr_vent.PNG
    88.6 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

Joseph

Reaction score
I'm thinking this could be the final version !!?? The Y fitting on the SOW would just remain there with a cap. A bit more work with the individual shower drain to the attic but it does simply and reduce work in other areas I think. Really appreciate all your feedback so far as a newbie to plumbing !

Attachments

• InidivdualShwr_vent.PNG
    InidivdualShwr_vent.PNG
    88.6 KB · Views: 25

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
I'm thinking this could be the final version !!?? The Y fitting on the SOW would just remain there with a cap. A bit more work with the individual shower drain to the attic but it does simply and reduce work in other areas I think. Really appreciate all your feedback so far as a newbie to plumbing !
Looks good to me

Joseph

Reaction score
Thank you for all the help Jeff !

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks