Advice on proposed layout for updating bathroom plumbing

Users who are viewing this thread

Wyeorwyenot

Reaction score
PXL_20230918_003848000-min.jpg

This picture shows the current bathroom plumbing. The pipe on the left is the sink drain and has a vent pipe on the other side of the bathroom. The abs portion of the plumbing on the right is for the tub. Due to a few factors I need to move the partition wall the tub vent traveled in and move the toilet over a couple inches (yes, I know the joist is in the way).

My proposed layout is below. Any advice, critiques, or confirmation on design would be greatly appreciated. Is it possible to consider the main stack vent appropriate for the tub? The drawing is supposed to be the same point of view as the picture. Sorry for poor drawing!
PXL_20230918_004754078-min.jpg

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
well its not very clear , but it might work that way hard to interpet . but what fitting are you expecting to get a 2 inch move with toilet? even a spigot 22.5 degree befor the closet bend will give you more than 2 inches

Wyeorwyenot

Reaction score
Well it needs to move about 4 inches, so I was planning a 22.5 degree right near the toilet flange at the end. I haven't done the math yet, but eyeballing indicates it should work. One of my biggest concerns was if I would be able to entirely remove the existing vent from the tub. In my eyes it looks that it is vented through the main stack, but I'm no pro.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I forgot to mention the sizing depending on code , But Id be running 2 inch to sink and out roof or reventing at the 3 inch stack

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
If it's a single lavatory, 1-1/2" is allowed by the IPC to be a horizontal wet vent carrying just 1 DFU.

Cheers, Wayne
Thought so! Id run 2 if its convieniant though at least up to the lav with a 2x2x1 1/2 santee

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks