Pressure gage for water system - that won't fill with water?

Users who are viewing this thread

AcidWater

Reaction score
Lol! Even if it was made of solid lead it would be fine for potable water as long as the water is not hot or acidic.

My well water IS quite acidic. Had to replace all my copper piping due to pinholes, thousands in water damage when one became a real pisser behind the paneling in a corner up under the stairwell. Was wondering why the room had become somewhat damp for a couple of years previously. Walked in one day to find basement soaked. And yes, the ancient Romans probably did hurt themselves by adding white lead to their wine to sweeten it.

And everyone these days has hot water!

AcidWater

Reaction score
Get a digital caliper. You are next going to say it may not be a 1/2 inch NPT thread, but maybe 3/8 or 1/4 NPT.
Yes they are 1/4". My barb fittings are 90 deg, I think I might want like you illustrated - what should I ask for, a 1/4" NPT with a straight-thru barb? Only 1 size of barb made for 1/4" fittings?

My pressure is on 30 off 50psi. Is a 160psi gauge going to be accurate enough? The WIKA 100psi is more than twice the cost! And not sure if that's the potable water version.

Found it for $25... plus $14 shipping though
https://www.coleparmer.com/i/wika-2...re-gauge-0-100-psi-1-4-lower/6804929?pubid=EW

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks