Why no water? Flushed this morning and made coffee, roommate flushed... all normal. About an hour later no water, not even at hose bib 15 feet down -

Users who are viewing this thread

Shawn Parker

Reaction score
the line from holding tank (full, 1100g) and booster pump with 2 wellxtrol pressure tanks with a 30/50 switch. Noticed gage at booster reads about 45, and there is a discrepancy between the pressure tanks... the taller is 23, a bit below its normal 29, the shorter tank was reading high at 40. But no water/water pressure in the lines.
Do I let air out of the pressure tanks to below 30 then manually trip on the booster pump to pressurize the line and get the water flowing and the pressure tanks stabilized to their normal pressure?
Note- it was cold last night, but nothing drastic... low of 35. North Bay Area Calif. Doubt this has any reason for the above issue, but I just tossed that in the mix just in case.

Attachments

• well pump job (2).JPG
    well pump job (2).JPG
    235.6 KB · Views: 54

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
But if the wires are not connected, how could there be 45 PSI on the gauge at the pump? And if there is 45 PSI on the gauge at the pump, you either have 45 PSI in the house, which is good, or the gauge it bad?

Shawn Parker

Reaction score
Well, from the picture I can see the electric lines are not even connected to the motor? That might have something to do
with it. :)
that's just a pic I took years ago when I replaced the switch on the booster pump, just to show the system. It is connected... sorry for that

Attachments

• well pump job (1).JPG
    well pump job (1).JPG
    203.9 KB · Views: 55

Shawn Parker

Reaction score
SOLVED- My tenant had the shower fixture explode in his hand this morning and he shut off both gate valves, leaving me with 2 flushes and a pot of coffee before I ran out. I lowered the pressure tank reading high to 28, and both read that now..

Attachments

• mrnatural (2).JPG
    mrnatural (2).JPG
    154 KB · Views: 57

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
I guessed as much. Was just ribbing you a bit. New picture shows the gauge on the pump at Zero? If you have power to the pump it should buzz or make some kind of noise?

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
SOLVED- My tenant had the shower fixture explode in his hand this morning and he shut off both gate valves, leaving me with 2 flushes and a pot of coffee before I ran out. I lowered the pressure tank reading high to 28, and both read that now..
Glad you have water. It is always best to check the breakers and open the valves before you panic. :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks