Pressure balancing loop for body spray

Users who are viewing this thread

madmac

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Hopefully an easy one. I'm installing 3 delta body sprays. Delta is asking for the H configuration with all 3 sprays running down the middle each getting a water supply. I was wondering if I could just do the loop without adding the middle supply. Something like the attached picture.

Attachments

• loop.jpg
    loop.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 5,098

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
I just run to the middle one and tee up and down to the others. Unless the heads are widely separated, a balancing loop is strictly cosmetic and serves no purpose.

Reach4

Reaction score
I think this is what hj is describing.
IMG_5.jpg
I am pretty sure that 12 inches would not be considered widely separated.

madmac

Reaction score
I think this is what hj is describing.
View attachment 32705I am pretty sure that 12 inches would not be considered widely separated.
I see how that would work but I've plumbed in a loop without the H configuration and I'm curious if I have to redo it. I would order the diagram you posted but these sprays are the R50200 I've mounted sideways. With the threaded conections I HAVE to loop it around to a tee then to the diverter. If the pressure is good I'm thinking I should be okay. I'll post a pic when I get back there. Any input now would be greatly appreciated.

Reach4

Reaction score
I see how that would work but I've plumbed in a loop without the H configuration and I'm curious if I have to redo it.
Hj's suggestion of a tee was for simplicity. Your H will work great.