Pex-A Shutoff Valves and Kitchen Sink Piping

Users who are viewing this thread

Rwbil

Reaction score
First Question is in regards to Angle Shutoff Valves with Pex-A piping. Over time, I have experienced the need to replace these valves as they tend to go bad. While I have been hesitant about using push-to-connect valves, I am particularly concerned about using Pex-A barb shutoff valve in case I need to replace the valve. Cutting off Pex-A piping might pose challenges, especially if there isn't sufficient space to install a new valve. As a result, I am unsure about the best approach in this situation.

For the toilets, my plan is to utilize copper stub outs along with compression shutoff valves. This combination has worked well for me in the past.

Second question is about the Kitchen Sink and Dishwasher connection. I have routed the piping inside the Base Cabinet. However, it appears a bit messy as I have used a separate valve for the dishwasher. To make matters worse, the piping runs next to the sheetrock, which doesn't provide optimal support. Additionally, I have employed plastic elbows for the connections to the shutoff valves.

I have attached some pictures for reference. If anyone has suggestions or examples of a clean and professional method to improve the appearance inside the cabinet, I would greatly appreciate it. Alternatively, if it is deemed acceptable to leave it as is, please let me know.

I cannot get this program to attach my files, so screen sharing them

Last edited:

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
not the cleanest but better or as good as many or most, you cut everything out and rebuild as clean as you can think of , that stuff flops around under many kitchens clamp to drywall helps

JohnCT

Still learning..slowly
Reaction score
There are push on angle stops that (supposedly) can be easily removed and replaced with no damage to the PEX (Brasscraft?) unlike the Accor type which can be removed safely by carefully splitting it.

My personal preference is to use a copper transition or stubout to any PEX where service will be required at some point.

John

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks