Washing machine shutoff valve washer replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

trewq

Reaction score
Hi,

The valve that connects the hot water to my washing machine drips when I turn off the valve and have no washing machine connected to it. I assume the rubber washer at the end of the shutoff valve has eroded so I'd like to replace it. The bolt is off and the valve is floating loosely, but when I try to remove the handle it gets stuck and doesn't want to come out. I don't want to pull super hard or fight with it in case it isn't meant to come out or I can't get it back in (if it is bent/dented/not circular) and then can't turn the main water back on. The diameter of the inner part seems to be similar to the outer.

I just want to confirm that it is meant to come out? What kind of valve is this (name) - it seems to have been soldered onto the pipe (see the threads at the other end). I have previously replaced a similar style inline shutoff valve (but without the washing machine outlet) and it was very easy to remove.

Here's a picture & video (hope it works)

Video

Attachments

• valve.jpg
    valve.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 46
  • valve2.jpg
    valve2.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 50

trewq

Reaction score
Ok, but why doesn't it come out? And will I be able to get it back in...
I'll try again tomorrow

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks