Ove toilet fill valve

Users who are viewing this thread

discogodfather

Reaction score
A contractor replaced our toilet recently with an Ove dual flush model and the fill valve always seems to be hissing. I'm not sure what model the toilet is, but the fill valve resembles the one in this YouTube video.

A few questions:
1) The hissing stops when I shut off the water line to the toilet. Does this mean the hissing sound is the toilet trying to draw in more water (and thereby racking up a water bill in the process?)
2) Would adjusting the fill valve potentially stop this issue?
3) Has anyone tried adjusting this type of fill valve without removing it from the toilet? I'm very mechanically UNinclined and am not comfortable removing the fill valve.

Any help is appreciated!

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
There's probably a way to clean it if you look up the brand and model. Not sure about these as I haven't had to fix one, but I'm sure it's simple.

Reach4

Reaction score
How high is the water in the tank with respect to the top of the overflow?

discogodfather

Reaction score
John G., I'm not sure if it's a cleaning issue as the toilet is brand new. Reach4, the water level is about 1.5 inches below the top of the overflow tube. I've attached a photo. While taking the photo, I just noticed the words "water line" near the top of the overlow tube. The water level is definitely below that line.

IMG_8692.jpg

discogodfather

Reaction score
Here’s some more info. Last night I closed the valve that provides water to the toilet. This morning the tank was nearly empty.

Reach4

Reaction score
Here’s some more info. Last night I closed the valve that provides water to the toilet. This morning the tank was nearly empty.
Informative. We can eliminate several things as causes.

Some flush towers have a replacable seal. I would call the maker or seller of your toilet, and ask about a tower flush seal.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks