Smart Toilet bi-stable solenoid valve acting strange -what could be the reason and the fix?

Users who are viewing this thread

Mini Me

Reaction score
Here is a picture of the current plumbing
VqDVkG2.png

And here are some referrence threads
For the wall side when you say "1/2" male pipe thread x 3/8" the 1/2" male should go into the reducing valve right ?

Mini Me

Reaction score
As far as I understand all the threads for the fittings that I need (including the pressure reducing valve) will be straight not tapered, correct ?
If I attached the reducing valve directly to the sharkbite shutoff valve that is an 1/2" straight thread which means that the reducing valve with corresponding adapters will have to present straight 1/2" threads (female toward the shutoff valve/wall and male toward the brided connector that connects to the toilet)

Last edited:

Fitter30

Reaction score
As far as I understand all the threads for the fittings that I need (including the pressure reducing valve) will be straight not tapered, correct ?
If I attached the reducing valve directly to the sharkbite shutoff valve that is an 1/2" straight thread which means that the reducing valve with corresponding adapters will have to present straight 1/2" threads (female toward the shutoff valve/wall and male toward the brided connector that connects to the toilet)
Every 1/2" thread looked and read like a taper thread but I'm looking at them.

Mini Me

Reaction score
I think I have fixed this. I still have to test and adjust the pressure to see if I can go higher. And to see if this pressure is enough to properly flush the toilet
qR89oG5.png

This is what the gauge is indicating right now
lJNa4Xc.png

Here is the list of components used:
Pressure reducing valve
https://www.amazon.ca/Pressure-Reducing-Adjustable-Control-Regulator/dp/B07TCGX75Y/
Sioux Chief 3/8 inch Compression Elbow X 3/5 inch MIP Lead-Free
Sioux Chief 3/8 Compression Adapter X 1/2 inch MIP Lead Free

Woseley 12"x3/4"x3/4" brided hose
The elbow adapter was installed at the exit of end of the reducing valve (the gauge end) in order to make the connection to the toilet easier
The other adapter was used to connect back to the wall
I was not able to find a 1/2" MIP x to 3/8" female compression adapter.
Using the brided 12"x3/4"x3/4" allowed me to hide everything behind the toilet

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks