Opinions on globe valves?

Users who are viewing this thread

Patflemming

Reaction score
I was originally going to use a flow control valve to reduce GPM on my main supply line from my well pump (long story).

Someone recommended that I consider a globe valve since it's adjustable. I've read a lot of bad reviews on these types of.valves, mostly about how they leak. Since I'll never be using it as a shut off valve, but rather fully open or slightly closed, is this the best valve for my application?

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
Closing any valve only reduces pressure when water is flowing. Is it a pressure problem or too much water being delivered?

Do get a FCV or the best way is install a Cyclic Stop Valve. Reducing the flow and you're using a pressure tank, the pump may cycle on and off too many times and slowly shorten the life of the pump motor. Read this web site, plenty of information.

Call CSV if it can control water flow. Definitely pressure.

Fitter30

Reaction score
If using a globe valve for flow control in the bottom out top and then use a ball valve for shut off. Once the globe valve is set you son's want to have to reset it. The other flow control valve that is really made for flow is a circuit setter there are multiple brands. Most applications a control valve is downsized at least one size. Cv is valve coefficient look at 4.2 in this link for flow info.
What type of pump ,gpm and gpm your looking for?

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks