No water this morning. Pump control box giving off electric tingle and pops breaker. Please help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Reach4

Reaction score
Nice. Valveman suspected you had something else.

Clydesdale6

Reaction score
So, for the next time, would you ask for schedule 80 instead because of the larger I.D. or better to go with stronger schedule 120? Thanks guys. I really appreciate your help with all of this. I am very confident I made the right decision NOT to buy the VFD system. Now, I just want to make sure I know exactly what else to get the next time.
I will test my water next week, after the chlorine from the install dissipates. I still need to add a sediment filter at the very least. I also need to replace the tank tee. The gauge is not working right. Thanks again.

Reach4

Reaction score
So, for the next time, would you ask for schedule 80 instead because of the larger I.D. or better to go with stronger schedule 120?
I would ask to reuse what you have. They were concerned about the possible pressures the pipe would see. The pump can give 272 psi max, but that would be in deadhead conditions.

I would consider recirculating the chlorinated water via a filter-- even the wye filter, turning the well sanitizing into a sanitizing of more.

Then once done sanitizing, run water off to the ditch to clear chlorine.

Last edited:

Clydesdale6

Reaction score
ok, to clarify, next time, stick with the 120?

I don't think I can really do anything about the chlorine at this point. We are on day 3 of what they say is pretty much done at day 7. They wanted me to go light on water use for 7 days and then I can go back to running the irrigation and laundry. I don't think I am going to be able to sort out the filter situation before then.
My plan was to test or have the water tested in a week to see what my actual water quality is and what I need. According to kinetico, my system has not been serviced in several years and they recommend replacing. They will do a full water test for free. I am sure they are hoping to sell me a new system. But, I am not a fan of then marrying a service company.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks