New home rough in

Users who are viewing this thread

Robert61

Reaction score
I’m getting there. I guess dfu’s don’t determine what you an do. I am hooking my kitchen sink in line with my washing machine. Luckily I ran across that other thread where they mentioned if you hook anything with the washing machine the drain goes to 3”.

Now if I’m understanding y’all correctly I could use a wye further down stream from the toilet combo and be copacetic. Seems a little odd that I upsized from 3” to 4” and I can move x amount ??? and then the same drain is ok. My main goal is to have it right for inspection.

thanks all!

And just to be sure, I’m good with the bathroom sink tying into the end of the 2 toilets???

Last edited:

Robert61

Reaction score
Yesterday I saw a piece has pushed back after I glued it. I tried a little heat but I didn’t like that so I cut notches in it with a die grinder and broke it out. As I was grinding I noticed a thin layer over a slightly different color core. I said self this is cellular core, now I could have just as easily read that on the outside. I wasn’t sure how I felt about that so I started researching and all I got was opinions. Half said oh it’s fine while have said it’s no good especially under a slab. The manufacturer says it’s great. As I was headed to the pipe supply store I said well I haven’t glued up very much so I bought new lengths of the real stuff. I asked the salesman what he would use if he were building a house. He said the cellular core. I went to a new subdivision they are building nearby and every house had cellular core. I checked code and it says it’s good. I know I’m going to worry about one less thing tonite. What do you pros think about this?

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Ive never plumbed a house in pvc but used abs it only comes in cellular so cant help you with the pvc. I have run some underground pvc on commercial jobs and ran all cast iron above but cant recall whether it solid core or not . I would guess its all cellular generaly underground and above but its gotta be sch 40 until you exit building and it becomes classified sewer then there are thinner walled cheaper pipe allowed

Robert61

Reaction score
I’m using Weld On 780. It’s in the upper 30s today. I actually thought it was warmer than that. I glued a 2” line to a 3x3” adapter. A couple of hours later I was moving my setup and it fell apart. I cleaned it and reglued it a few times. It doesn’t seem to be bonding. The joint was clean with 100% light blue in the cemented area. Getting frustrated I went and looked at another bushing to make sure I didn’t pick up something wrong. It’s a Charlotte bushing and pipe. Is this just a tempe thing. I glued it agin before I left for the day and ratchet strapped it where it couldn’t push back out ??? I know there are many many of you who work in temps colder than 38*.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks