rough in under slab

Users who are viewing this thread

Tughillrzr

In the Trades
Reaction score
IMG_0457.jpeg
Any thoughts or changes to layout?
I’m going to use all 4” under slab and reduce down to 2” at fixtures except toilets. All under slab plumbing. Upper bath group will drop down in 3” and tie into 4” main where noted. Only fittings under slab will be 4” wyes , 2” trap shower , 2” floor drain, 45’s and a few long sweep 90’s.

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
My opinion is there's no reason to use 4" pipe in a house unless it's a mansion. There's not enough flow for toilets to float your waste far enough anymore. Unless you have some 3 to 5 gallon flashers I'd use 3".

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
layout for bathroom should be modified for convieniance. Id branch off closer to them. running the full size main straight out to the back past laundry is ok cost a bit more a 2 inch c/o on outside wall for laundry and a 3 inch by the bathroom will be fine Id just run 2 inch to laundry

Tughillrzr

In the Trades
Reaction score
Ok appreciate the tip. A front porch is in front so I’m trying to stay to left of it. That would be ideal otherwise. The Septic tank is in lower left corner so a straight shot. I ran full size past laundry into garage incase I ever wanted to add a bath. For now I’ll just have a mop sink.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks