New Construction Small Bathroom/Kitchen System Help

Users who are viewing this thread

Pipe Dream

Reaction score
Greetings all!
My family and I moved from SW Wisconsin to the Olympic Peninsula of Washington about 3 years ago. We are building our house ourselves and are about 70% done. It's time for plumbing. The footprint here is pretty small, one bathroom on the ground floor with a shower, toilet, sink, then a kitchen sink, dishwasher, and washer on the opposite wall. There's pipes in the slab done by a pro, and septic is done and hooked up and water is in the house in the shower stubb wall. Here's some drawings that will hopefully make some of what I'm intending to do clear. What I don't have shown in the drawings are the vents, as I'm unsure about this. If my vents can be 1.5", then I plan to tie the pairs together in the walls, and then tie those together in the ceiling above the bathroom and bring them to a main stack to go up the outer wall and out the roof. The pipes for the washer will not be in the wall, as we changed the location of the washer from sharing the bathroom wall to 6' away from the wall and I can't run 2" pipe inside that wall.
Thanks,
Peter.

Pipe Dream

Reaction score
Some drawings to hopefully help make things clear.

Attachments

• Bath Sink, Kit Sink.png
    Bath Sink, Kit Sink.png
    382 KB · Views: 27
  • Slab Detail.png
    Slab Detail.png
    563.2 KB · Views: 29
  • Washer, Kit Sink Detail.png
    Washer, Kit Sink Detail.png
    358.3 KB · Views: 32

Pipe Dream

Reaction score
One more drawing showing the in slab pipes and the piping for the washer and kitchen sink.

Attachments

• Slab & Washer.jpeg
    Slab & Washer.jpeg
    77.8 KB · Views: 30

Pipe Dream

Reaction score
Some photos to correspond with the drawings.

Attachments

• IMG_9911.jpeg
    IMG_9911.jpeg
    96.9 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_9910.jpeg
    IMG_9910.jpeg
    129.8 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_9909.jpeg
    IMG_9909.jpeg
    73.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_9908.jpeg
    IMG_9908.jpeg
    125.4 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_9907.jpeg
    IMG_9907.jpeg
    78.3 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_9906.jpeg
    IMG_9906.jpeg
    109.6 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_9912.jpeg
    IMG_9912.jpeg
    80.1 KB · Views: 28

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
w/m wet vented with k/s might be issue Ive done it with 2 inch b ut dosent meet code I think 3 inch works or a 2 inch that isnt wet vented.
2 inch vent below slab wont work on a dry vent but could be a wet vent going to shower, in which case the kitchen and w/m need to connect to main down stream of the wet vented fixtures

Pipe Dream

Reaction score
w/m wet vented with k/s might be issue Ive done it with 2 inch b ut dosent meet code I think 3 inch works or a 2 inch that isnt wet vented.
2 inch vent below slab wont work on a dry vent but could be a wet vent going to shower, in which case the kitchen and w/m need to connect to main down stream of the wet vented fixtures
Thank you Jeff, I responded to you also in my other post that is only about venting. I think I follow what you're saying here. I was thinking of a 2" dry vent for the w/m and k/s. I think your second idea could work but having everything in the bathroom downstream might break the deal. I'm having trouble understanding why I can't take all the pipes that stand out of the slab and take them all up into the ceiling and bring them together eventually into one 3" pipe out the roof and have adequate dry venting for everything, but clearly I don't know enough yet. I may end up hiring out the vents and roughing in the drains.
Thanks, Peter.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
This might help.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
This changed a lot I didnt know this was poured in concrete use the pipe farthest from the toilet for the w/m and kitchen sink and the one close to toilet for the lav to be legal . also pictures werent viewable befor some times people post pic but they dont show for awhile

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks