Master Bath Sink Drain/Vent Modification

Users who are viewing this thread

VirginiaGuy

Reaction score
Hey!

I have a new double vanity I’m putting into my master bathroom (remodel).

Because the lower shelves are open, the P-trap is visible, and I want to get the P-trap to be perfectly aligned with the wall opening for aesthetic purposes.

The old pvc plumbing is no longer in alignment with the new double sinks.

The sink on the right side can simply have the pvc pipe extended further to the right to make the connection.

However, on the left side the sink is approx 1.5-2” out of alignment with the original drain. The wall is small and I don’t want to give up more space by moving the vanity over further to accommodate it.

Would also like to keep the vanity at the edge of the shower tile.

From the (very rough) diagram, black is as is.

Blue is the thought on a solution. Possible? Or will is cause issues?

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_8802.jpeg
    IMG_8802.jpeg
    34 KB · Views: 51

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
You need to provide more info--why does the blue have only one sink connection, when you are putting in a double sink? Pipe sizes? Where do the drains go below the region shown? Is the lavatory wet venting the shower and/or WC?

Cheers, Wayne

VirginiaGuy

Reaction score
Thanks for your response! I tried to upload a schematic that I drew, but it continually says the file size is too big, despite being an iPhone photo of a piece of printer paper.

The the vanity is a double sink, each sink has a drain/vent stack tied to it

The right sink only needs to have the distance between the sink drain and the vent stack extended a handful of inches so it’s easy to fix on my own which is why it was not included

The tub is farthest to the right in the room, moving left the flow of water then goes to the right sink (drain/vent), the left sink (different drain vent) and then picks up the shower drain before heading towards toilet and down to main floor of house.

Just wanted to make sure that adjusting the left stack over a handful of inches wasn’t going to cause any major issues

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
Just wanted to make sure that adjusting the left stack over a handful of inches wasn’t going to cause any major issues
So just commenting on the above, you can jog the sink's drain/vent stack over with 45s no problem. On the vent jog, if it occurs 6" above the fixture flood rim, 90s would be OK.

Cheers, Wayne

VirginiaGuy

Reaction score
So just commenting on the above, you can jog the sink's drain/vent stack over with 45s no problem. On the vent jog, if it occurs 6" above the fixture flood rim, 90s would be OK.

Cheers, Wayne
Thanks!

Just going to use paired 45’s on both ends of the jog even though top would be above fixture flood rim.

Appreciate the help!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks