Leak Defender

Users who are viewing this thread

Lucky Don

Reaction score
Website
www.tecinnovators.com
]Hi All,
I am writing about a leak detection/well water shutoff system I have developed and now manufacturing. I do not use a shutoff valve or any type of computer controls. I use "Old School" over sized parts for endurance and reliability. Today everything is complicated and built with poor quality. They are not reliable and when you need a system to work this is as "bullet proof" as it gets. I shut off the power to the well pump when a leak is detected by interrupting the power to the pump with an inline power relay (clapper type). It is a NC relay so no energy is used till required to open the circuit. The system is powered by the pump power so no other power is required. To install it you would place the control box between the well power switch and the pressure switch or the pump controller power line. There is a wired by cable water sensor that is located under the well tank or any water delivered appliance and will send a signal to the control box when water is detected. There can be up to six sensors if desired with various cable lengths. It actually takes no longer than 20 minutes to install. The mounting of the control box will take longer than wiring the system. Thoughts??

Thanks,
Lucky Don
www.tecinnovators.com

Install.jpgInstallation.jpg
Typical Installation.jpg

Last edited:

Lucky Don

Reaction score
Website
www.tecinnovators.com
Hi hj,
If the power is out the pump will not operate. I designed the Leak Defender with a DPDT 30amp (clapper type) relay. We use the NC side of the relay in normal running condition.
The coil is not actuated till the water sensor sends a signal. Then the power to the well pump is shut off when the contacts are opened. The other set of contacts are available for an accessory like a isolation valve between the water tank manifold or maybe someone would like to turn on a sump pump. Most customers do nothing with this accessory.
The Leak Defender is a dedicated system only for well water systems. There is a lot of competition out there that use a shutoff ball valve in their system and no means to shut off a well pump in their system either. We are after the simple and dependable approach. We also went after the ease and cost of installation along with a low priced system. There are already 318 units in the field and I have been in business only 5 months.

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
Hi hj,
If the power is out the pump will not operate. I designed the Leak Defender with a DPDT 30amp (clapper type) relay. We use the NC side of the relay in normal running condition.
The coil is not actuated till the water sensor sends a signal. Then the power to the well pump is shut off when the contacts are opened. The other set of contacts are available for an accessory like a isolation valve between the water tank manifold or maybe someone would like to turn on a sump pump. Most customers do nothing with this accessory.
The Leak Defender is a dedicated system only for well water systems. There is a lot of competition out there that use a shutoff ball valve in their system and no means to shut off a well pump in their system either. We are after the simple and dependable approach. We also went after the ease and cost of installation along with a low priced system. There are already 318 units in the field and I have been in business only 5 months.

Your design sounds somewhat useful.

Do you have a link to your product ?

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
Added some installation pix in my original post.

Thanks

Looks Good.

Is your unit UL listed ?

What is the max HP pump that it will handle ?

Any specs available ?

I guess all sensors are wired ? What type of wire ?

Good Luck.

Lucky Don

Reaction score
Website
www.tecinnovators.com
Hi DonL.
We use all UL listed components and since we are using only one device in our enclosure there is no need for a UL listing at this time.
1 1/2 HP motor max or 30 amps max.
Yes, I have a Installation/ Specification sheet available. dweinstein@tecinnovators.com
We us e a 4 conductor 22 awg wire with Molex connector system.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks