Intellidrive Integration with Home Automation for leak detection

Users who are viewing this thread

aswetich

Reaction score
Is it possible to link the Intellidrive system with a home automation system like Alexia, Google, etc, to shut it down if a leak is detected? I know the Intellidrive offers a cabled moisture sensor, but I hoped to provide more coverage to my house. When I was on city water, my home automation system had multiple moisture sensors under sinks, laundry, etc, that would activate an electric shut-off valve if moisture was detected in various locations. Does anyone know how the Intellidrive wired moisture sensor works? Does it just close a circuit between the contacts to shut the pump down, or is it more complicated than that? If it simply closes a contact, I know I could find a cheap home automation device to do this.

Thanks!

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
I was using leak sensors with a Samsung hub. The hub quit working so am trying to find leak sensors that do not require a hub. I am now using these. https://www.ebay.com/itm/375177333013?chn=ps&mkevt=1&mkcid=28&var=644208506826

You can connect one to cut the inlet power to the VFD from wifi. Then all you need are leak sensors that also work with wifi that could shut this switch off when a leak is detected. This way it will work with a regular pump when you get tired of the problems associated with variable speed drives or VFD's.

dollinger

Reaction score
I have a Honeywell commercial wifi thermostat that has i/o. when the I/o String opens the thermostat sends me an alert to my phone. I also have set up a washer so that if a leak is detected it will shut off the hot and lines and power down the washer so if it is a drain issue it doesn't pump more water out.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks