Pressure Sensor Fault

Users who are viewing this thread

rompstar

Reaction score
we had some freezing temp here, so I shutdown my system, turns off power and drained the water and put a heater in the pump house...just incase, I didn't want to take any chances with broken pipes...

my Artesian Well is back to its natural pressure 12psi at pump house, but when I turn on the system, the Controller displays a "Pressure Sensor Fault", and was reading the manual for the controller and it said the

Pressure Sensor should read at Output between 0.5 ~ 4.5 volts DC / but I measured it 4.9 volts DC... and it said anything outside of this range is bad.

Do you guys really think the pressure sensor actually went bad reading at 4.9 volts ?

Also if so, I need to find a replacement for it, it is a:

MSP 300-100-P-3-N-4-01588 / 3 wire sensor / P/N 2001000

I tried to google, but I can't find it, maybe there is a new model number to replace it ?

Anyways, for now I am on natural pressure, which is better than nothing..

Thank You!

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
I am assuming it has a CU301 controller on an SQE type pump? If so, that pump will work without the CU301 controller or the pressure transducer. It only needs a regular 40/60 pressure switch to work. But then you will need something like a Cycle Stop Valve to stop the cycling and deliver constant pressure to the house. The CSV does that without any electronics to fail.

rompstar

Reaction score
I have a Booster Pump with a controller and a pressure sensor and pressure tank... because I am on an Artesian well, my controller will not engage the pump if the pressure error is there... I did a Voltage check going into the sensor and it was 4.9 (this is good), but output voltage coming back is 4.9 volts (same) - so that is not good...

I just found a replacement transducer and will replace it and go from there.. the error should go away.

hopefully that is that :)

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
I have a Booster Pump with a controller and a pressure sensor and pressure tank... because I am on an Artesian well, my controller will not engage the pump if the pressure error is there... I did a Voltage check going into the sensor and it was 4.9 (this is good), but output voltage coming back is 4.9 volts (same) - so that is not good...

I just found a replacement transducer and will replace it and go from there.. the error should go away.

hopefully that is that :)
It is never, "that is that" with a variable speed type pump. I am glad you got it fixed, this time. But problems like that are a normal occurrence with a VFD, as technical electronics are susceptible to problems. At least you have 12 PSI when the pump is off, so you are not totally out of water as most people with a VFD are when problems occur.

A simple "dumb" pump and regular pressure switch have no electronics and are therefore much longer lasting and more reliable. A simple mechanical Cycle Stop Valve can stop the cycling and deliver the same constant pressure as any VFD. It is just that the CSV type system is much less expensive and last much longer, which is exactly why pump companies push those variable speed type pumps or VFD's.

Multistage Booster and PK1A.jpg

Shallow Well Pump with PK1A.png

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks