Kitchen drain adjustments to reduce water

Users who are viewing this thread

Indyshawn

Reaction score
Thanks again to all that offered advice on this job - especially Redwood! Here is a pic of the final outcome - it's all secure, sealed, and dry! :) The vent wasn't too difficult to add either. I'm in Indiana - I don't think there is a problem with having the vent if I understand the plumbing code correctly (did a check of it online). My wife is quite happy to have a functional sink again so I'm happy as well! :D

Attachments

• kitch_drain_final.jpg
    kitch_drain_final.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 217

SewerRatz

Illinois Licensed Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
Thanks again to all that offered advice on this job - especially Redwood! Here is a pic of the final outcome - it's all secure, sealed, and dry! :) The vent wasn't too difficult to add either. I'm in Indiana - I don't think there is a problem with having the vent if I understand the plumbing code correctly (did a check of it online). My wife is quite happy to have a functional sink again so I'm happy as well! :D

Last time Studor updated their site, it does show that AAV's where aproved by Indiana. http://www.ipscorp.com/studor/reference/approvals

It looks great. You did an awesome job.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Nice job Shawn!
Thanks for posting back with the update & finished picture....
Seeing how well it turned out makes it all worthwhile...:D

I bet it drains a bit better too huh?

Last edited:

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
That is a great looking job indeed! Congrats, Shawn.

Redwood - you really went above and beyond the call of duty with the pics and advice.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks