Installing Washer Dryer Upstairs and Downstairs

Users who are viewing this thread

MacK Lipps

Reaction score
I am remodeling my house and would like to rent out my basement. My current washer dryer is in the basement and I would like to install an additional washer dryer upstairs. I would have to run about 15 feet of horizontal pipe from the upstairs location to reach the drain pipe of the current washer dryer in the basement.

Some initial questions I have are, do I have to install another vent pipe if I connect in to the drain downstairs that is already vented? Is there any issue with the washer dryer being so far from the drain? Has anyone else on here done this before?

Thanks for the help!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Yes, you'd need to vent the upstairs one, and no, you probably won't be able to connect it in the same place. In case both were running at the same time, the place where they join would need to be a likely significantly bigger pipe.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks