WASHER PIPE IN OLD APT. CONVERSION

Users who are viewing this thread

WHATSUP

Reaction score
I HAVE A CONDO THAT WAS CONVERTED FROM AN APT. IN 1970 (2 STORY). THEY DO NOT ALLOW A WASHING MACHINE OR DRYER SINCE THEY HAVE OLD PIPES. CAN I BUY & USE A WASHER ONLY (8 LB. LOAD-NOT A WASHING MACHINE) WITHOUT ANY DRAINAGE OR PLUMBING PROBLEMS? I NEVER USE MY DISHWASHER SO I THOUGHT THAT USING A WASHER WITH COLD WATER ONLY WOULD BE OK. AM I CORRECT OR WOULD I BE IN TROUBLE WITH THE HOA OR CAUSE WATER PROBLEMS WITH OTHER UNITS EVEN THOUGH I AM IN A 2-STORY BLDG. (OUR WATER HEATER IS SHARED WITH OTHER CONDOS IN OUR COMPLEX)?

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
don't understand: 8 LB. LOAD-NOT A WASHING MACHINE)
You have to work out with a local plumber and HOA. No need whatsoever to use hot water. Modern HE washer equipment and detergent works fine with cold unless you are an auto mechanic with greasy clothes.
Drains are another issue. WM requires a 2" drain and proper venting.
Dryer is not related to plumbing except need to consider gas and electric load.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I HAVE A CONDO THAT WAS CONVERTED FROM AN APT. IN 1970 (2 STORY). THEY DO NOT ALLOW A WASHING MACHINE OR DRYER SINCE THEY HAVE OLD PIPES. CAN I BUY & USE A WASHER ONLY (8 LB. LOAD-NOT A WASHING MACHINE) WITHOUT ANY DRAINAGE OR PLUMBING PROBLEMS? I NEVER USE MY DISHWASHER SO I THOUGHT THAT USING A WASHER WITH COLD WATER ONLY WOULD BE OK. AM I CORRECT OR WOULD I BE IN TROUBLE WITH THE HOA OR CAUSE WATER PROBLEMS WITH OTHER UNITS EVEN THOUGH I AM IN A 2-STORY BLDG. (OUR WATER HEATER IS SHARED WITH OTHER CONDOS IN OUR COMPLEX)?
Absurd If you dont use your dish washer and give scouts honor Well ok you can run a clothes washer

WHATSUP

Reaction score
don't understand: 8 LB. LOAD-NOT A WASHING MACHINE)
You have to work out with a local plumber and HOA. No need whatsoever to use hot water. Modern HE washer equipment and detergent works fine with cold unless you are an auto mechanic with greasy clothes.
Drains are another issue. WM requires a 2" drain and proper venting.
Dryer is not related to plumbing except need to consider gas and electric load.
THE MACHINE I WANT TO BUY IS CALLED A WASHER. I DO NOT HAVE TO CONNECT IT TO ANY PIPES. I PUT WATER INTO IT WITH MY KITCHEN SINK HOSE. I ALSO DO NOT KNOW HOW TO FIND OUT IF I HAVE A 2" DRAIN BEFORE I EVEN BUY THIS GIANTEX WASHER FROM AMAZON.
P.S. I JUST READ AMAZON'S AD & YOU ARE CORRECT, IT IS ALSO CALLED A WASHING MACHINE!!! SORRY.

Last edited:

WHATSUP

Reaction score
Absurd If you dont use your dish washer and give scouts honor Well ok you can run a clothes washer
I DO NOT USE MY DISH WASHER!!! I DO NOT NEED TO USE IT SINCE I ONLY COOK FOR MYSELF & I WASH MY OWN DISHES & SILVERWARE!!! SINCE I AM PARTIALLY BLIND NOW & HANDICAPPED, I REALLY NEED HELP WITH MY QUESTIONS, NOT SARCASM!!!

WHATSUP

Reaction score
I DO NOT USE MY DISHWASHER!!! I DO NOT NEED TO USE IT SINCE I ONLY COOK FOR MYSELF & I WASH MY OWN DISHES & SILVERWARE!!! SINCE I AM PARTIALLY BLIND NOW & HANDICAPPED, I REALLY NEED HELP WITH MY QUESTIONS, NOT SARCASM!!!

WHATSUP

Reaction score
I WILL CONSIDER THE SOURCE OF THAT QUESTION AND NOT DIGNIFY IT WITH A RESPONSE. YOU MUST BE A "TRUMPER" SINCE YOU HAVE THE SAME WRITING STYLE!!! HAVE A NICE DAY; YOU NEED ONE!!!

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
your question is: "CAN I BUY & USE A WASHER ONLY (8 LB. LOAD-NOT A WASHING MACHINE) WITHOUT ANY DRAINAGE OR PLUMBING PROBLEMS?"
We cannot tell if you will have drainage problems. We can say that if the pipes are old, smaller drain pipes then there is SOME likelyhood that the drain will be slow. No idea how water will work out. Bye.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
HE ALSO SAYS THAT "THEY DONT ALLOW A WASHING MACHINE OR DRYER" . BUT WANTS SOME SORT OF OPINION MY OPINION IS NO YOU CANT DO THAT

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks