How to wire float switch?

Users who are viewing this thread

Brad Perkins

Reaction score
240 volt pump so I have 2 hot wires. If I want to wire in float switches. 1 down switch to protect my cistern pump and 2 up switches to power my well pump, how do I do this? For the up switch do I simply splice a float in each leg of the 240 volt circuit? Pics would be great if anybody has some. Thanks!!

Reach4

Reaction score
Float switch in series with one hot. Have a 2-pole shutoff switch before the float switch.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Here is wiring diagram for a float switch with a relay. If the float switch can handle the amperage of the pump you can just wire one leg directly through the float switch and not use a relay.
LOW YIELD WELL_ CENTRIFUGAL_PK1A.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
Those float switches are available with piggy-back plugs, which I think you could stack up. Outlet on bottom, switch#1, switch#2, and pump plugged in to the stack. I have never worked with them.

Attachments

• pump_in_tank.png
    pump_in_tank.png
    8.6 KB · Views: 1,152

Brad Perkins

Reaction score
I read the fine print on the label when installing today and noticed they said for sewage only. The spec sheet showed it was approved for potable water. Now I'm concerned about these switches. They are centripro a2d23w. Are these not safe?

Brad Perkins

Reaction score
I have both but the lable read was a pump up... I ordered anther cycle sensor today for dry run protection on my cistern pump so I won't need the pump down anymore. wonder if the raw materials used is the issue.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks