Persure switch location

Users who are viewing this thread

silver1957

Reaction score
My cistern tank is located 1000 ft from my barn lift is aprx.40 ft 1.1/2 hp pump. #6 wire. Now comes my problem I had intended to put bladder tank and presure switch in milk house but now that every thing is ready meaning water line burried wire burried in conduit ect. Can I actually do this #1 can I actually fit a #6 wire into a presure switch? #2 will I end up with a ton of voltage drop from power going through the presure switch contacts? #3 Do the make a different type switch or should I be putting presure switch and bladder tank down at cistern? First time I ever did one at this type of distance. Thanks for any and all advice.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Use a Deluxe control box and the #6 wire will go into L1 and L2. Wires from the pressure switch to the relay can be as small as #18 gauge. Without a Deluxe box I would splice on some #12 to go through the pressure switch. Voltage loss is in long distances, not much loss through a pressure switch.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks