How to replace well pump (pics)?

Users who are viewing this thread

NavySuit

Reaction score
Is it as simple as cutting the lines and reinstalling (electrical has to be done of course)?

I would think that when I cut the line going to the well all the water would drain back down. Is there a priming procedure to get the new pump back up and running? There's also an expansion tank attached to the supply.

Attachments

• IMG_9303.jpg
    IMG_9303.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_9302.jpg
    IMG_9302.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_9301.jpg
    IMG_9301.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 29

Reach4

Reaction score
With a jet pump, there will be priming needed, even if the pump is "self priming".

If you have one or two pipes going down the well, expect there is a foot valve that should keep the water from draining out. You still need to add water to prime the pump. I expect that is what that tee with a plug is for in your current piping.

I have never seen an installed jet pump.

How many pipes run out to the well?

NavySuit

Reaction score
It looks like just one pipe runs out to the well. The supply line going to the house (water softener treated) has a shutoff valve on it. I do not see any valves on the line going from the well to the pump.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks