can crimps be used on all types of PEX?

Users who are viewing this thread

James23912

Reaction score
I want to add a piece of hot water baseboard heat in an area that gets kind of cold, there is a line in the basement that runs close to where I want to do it so I would have to drain and cut the line in the cellar and attach new sections with 90s, making a kind of U shape, so I have used pex with crimps in the past but the company used the expander deal, so if I cut into the existing line can I use the crimps on both ends of the brass 90s? The existing stuff is a kind of pink I have never seen before and I have some red and also some white for the new part I want to attach. I'd be using a copper to pex on the baseboard itself, just asking about connecting the two pex lines together where i cut into the existing line. I called the installers but they didn't get back to me about doing it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks