Glacier Bay Faucet - Trouble Removing Handles

Users who are viewing this thread

swacer03

Reaction score
I am attempting to remove the handles from this faucet. It is Glacier Bay as part of a set from Home Depot years ago and I cannot find any that look like this anymore to figure out a model.

There is a small hole in the back side that I cannot tell if it is for a set screw. The clearance is so small it is impossible to see. I have tried every size of Allen wrench that will fit back there and it goes in but doesn’t seem to catch on anything.

I have also tried unscrewing the piece below the handle but it doesn’t seem to screw/unscrew and I don’t want to break anything.

Does anyone know anything about this faucet or how I would get the handles off? Thank you.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 736
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 391
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 438

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
How could you take 3 pictures and none of them show the end of the handle? In some case there is a plug in the handle and the set screw is inside it.

swacer03

Reaction score
How could you take 3 pictures and none of them show the end of the handle? In some case there is a plug in the handle and the set screw is inside it.

I did not take pictures of the end of the handle because both ends of the handles are completely, totally solid so there is no chance that there’s a set screw there.