Grohe Seabury Bathroom Cross-Handles - How Do I Get The Downward Pointing Handle Screw Out? ANSWERED

Users who are viewing this thread

chazyouwin

Reaction score
I feel really silly, given the Seabury cross handle removal discussions I have read thus far assume one can get the little downward pointed screw out. To be clear, this is the screw for the handle that is exposed when you pry off the little white cover. I can turn the screw to the left and the screw gets loose, but I can't get the screw out. It's not magnetized and the screwdriver when in points straight down. So all you can do is keep turning it. There's not enough room around the screw to get anything on it. Like many others, I can't get the handles out and as a first step I'd like to get that screw out.

ANSWER: The set downward pointed screw evidently doesn’t come out. You loosen the screw and then twist off the handle with two wrenches, one on the base and one on the handle. I got the handle off, turned it upside down, and low and behold the screw doesn’t actually come out it just rattles in there.

Last edited:

chazyouwin

Reaction score
Still can't get it out. Have tried a thin wire to loop around the screw head, duct tape on a screwdriver tip, etc. To be clear the screw points straight down. Can turn it loose but can't pull it out. I think I need this out just to be sure when I'm using the wrenches to get the handle off there's not the screw point catching there. Everything is stuck just like in the other threads dealing with Grohe Seabury cross handles.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks