Full full-bath remodel

Users who are viewing this thread

ABaculy

Reaction score
Hi all,

This forum has been a treasure trove of information for me over several projects. My wife and I are I doing lots of remodeling in our first home. It is a 1962 ranch lived in my the builder for one year before the couple we purchased it from bought it.

After ripping out some soffit/bulkheads, I was getting ready to plan the plumbing for a double-sink vanity to replace the original single. I decided to just rip the plaster off the whole wall to make plumbing and electrical easier. Because the drain running the length of the house has had several leaks develop and internal rust grab waste which created near-complete blockages, I will finish that off with full PVC. Essentially, I'll be doing a full re-plumb job of this bath and the drain from this branch to the main.

My biggest issue is whether or not my proposed design is correct. This is based off of information I have gathered here about drains and vents. You'll see the original copper drains and vents, which will be removed. The vanity is going to be all the way to the left. That wall is 95.5 inches wide. I have a double fixture fitting going between lavs with 1.5 inch drains in, 2 inch out. That drains into a santee in the vent stack behind the toilet, which vents the entire bathroom, including the shower. It is 3 inch pipe. The vent from the top of the fitting would be 1.5 and also go into a santee up higher.

I appreciate the knowledge of the folks here and look forward to hearing from you all!

2 other points:
I'm glad I followed the Toto recommendations from this forum! And also, Menard's has the double fixture fitting. My Home Depot and Lowe's stores list it in ABS, not PVC, and stock none.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200111-205309_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20200111-205309_Photos.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 164
  • 20200111_210214.jpg
    20200111_210214.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 166
  • 20200111_204831.jpg
    20200111_204831.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 169
  • 20200111_204647.jpg
    20200111_204647.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 169
  • 20200111_204633.jpg
    20200111_204633.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 172

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The only thing I would change would be the 90 below the double fixture fitting. It should be a long turn 90.

Remember to pick up some shielded couplings for the transition between copper and PVC piping.

mission_bandseal.jpg

ABaculy

Reaction score
The only thing I would change would be the 90 below the double fixture fitting. It should be a long turn 90.

Remember to pick up some shielded couplings for the transition between copper and PVC piping.

mission_bandseal.jpg

Wow Terry, that was QUICK! Thanks for the tip; I stood in the plumbing aisle for 20 minutes trying to decide on which 90. Are the 90s I have for the trap adapters okay then?

I would get shielded couplings, but since I'm going replace the whole drain system with PVC (at least this branch until it hits the main) that copper is coming out. The plus is there is another project I have that 3 inch copper works great for, but many people opt for stainless instead due to cost. We'll call it distilled water.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks