Do I need a new cartridge or seats and springs?

Users who are viewing this thread

MTy

Reaction score
I have a T24859 with stops that is leaking from the showerhead. It also leaks from the rain showerhead when the diverter is switched. I believe it's also the cause of a new cold/hot water crossover issue. No leaks when stops are shut.

I emailed Delta for a new cartridge because I'm 99% sure that's the issue but I've been told by Delta they are sending me seats and springs. My understanding is that the cartridge is a sealed unit?

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
The seats and springs are in the center of the cartridge. If the cartridge they send out has o-rings on the end nipples, then that should be the only thing you need to repair your shower.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
seats and springs might do the trick . I change the whole shebang I figure its costing some one 150 or so might as well make it 50 bucks more and make it good for years to come. bad seats and springs if bad will cause water to drip from head or a tub spout.
cartridge is basicaly 2 pc twists 1/4 turn and comes apart the one side ballances pressure and keeps the hot and cold side from mixing (crossover) the otherside with handle turns off water and controls temp. pretty sure the orings on end of cartridge will cause same issue as the seats and springs , but like I said I change them both usually but keep a stock of seats and springs as well

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks