New Delta Valve / Cartridge - No cold water

Users who are viewing this thread

rsvedin

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

Just had my bathroom remodeled and part of it was installing new pipes / new shower valve. I am using the Delta Multichoice valve.

Problem is there is no cold water when I have everything installed. If I remove the cartridge, both hot and cold water will come out of the valve. When I replace the cartridge, only hot water comes out. I swapped out a new cartridge and the same thing happens.

Any tips on what I should try next?

Thanks!

rsvedin

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

Just had my bathroom remodeled and part of it was installing new pipes / new shower valve. I am using the Delta Multichoice valve.

Problem is there is no cold water when I have everything installed. If I remove the cartridge, both hot and cold water will come out of the valve. When I replace the cartridge, only hot water comes out. I swapped out a new cartridge and the same thing happens.

Any tips on what I should try next?

Thanks!
Not sure how to delete this thread - but I think I found the issue. In my basement, I have very old galvanized plumbing and the ball valve was leaking on the cold water line. When I tightened it up to stop the leak, the shower magically worked. Perhaps it was losing too much pressure due to the leak.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks