Corrosion on Water Inlet - 10 Month Install

Users who are viewing this thread

Chefwong

Reaction score
New tank replaced early-mid January this year.
Just noticed this on the cold water inlet side of the tank. Notice it's only on the area closest towards the flue.

Is it just to incoming *cold*, temperature difference and just the heat from the flue ?
When I look at the hot, it looks clean.

trained eyes who are in the know, what is this is see on the cold inlet side.

Fitter30

Reaction score
First pic the flue pipe doesn't look like it all way the down on the draft diverter or screwed on to. Normally when a water heater isn't drafting correctly the plastic trim pieces around the hot and cold pipes get deformed from the flue gas.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
First pic the flue pipe doesn't look like it all way the down on the draft diverter or screwed on to. Normally when a water heater isn't drafting correctly the plastic trim pieces around the hot and cold pipes get deformed from the flue gas.
good observation in any case its not properly fit and should be corrected

Chefwong

Reaction score
For note on post #3/4
System was buttoned up yet as I was sweeping the flue and unbuttoned it

I suppose it's just the inlet side (obviously only the side facing the flue) and the condensate or water temp differential....

It's on my radar to monitor it I suppose,

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks